I purchased a stainless steel Brinkmann 5 burner gas grill, model 810-1750-S from Home Depot in March 2012. I've been unable to use the grill since early this year 2015, and have been trying to get replacements parts. Basically in less than 3 years, the crossover channels were completely rusted, making the grill unusable.
When we discovered the channels were rusted I contacted Brinkmann. I had some trouble contacting a representative, but finally got through. I was told to email a warranty form and copy of original receipt. I did so, and was sent replacement parts. Unfortunately, we were sent the wrong replacement parts, even though I did specify the exact model number, and included the receipt.
Now I'm trying to get the correct replacement parts, but it's impossible to get a response from this company. I emailed twice in the last 2 weeks (using the same Brinkmann email address I originally used to submit my warranty form). No response from Brinkmann. I called today, and was not allowed to speak to a live person. I was told I'd receive a call back, but again no response. I tried to complete a contact form on their website, and received an internal error message. But they immediately signed me up for their email marketing list, which I didn't request.
I don't believe this grill should be advertised as a stainless steel grill, when you think stainless, you think NO rusting would happen. I'm highly dissatisfied with the whole process at this point. I don't know if we'll be able to successfully repair this grill even if we do receive the parts. My husband used a dremel to cut the cross channels off, referencing user tips from customers with the exact same Brinkmann grill issue online, because the screws were completely rusted and could not be unscrewed or even drilled out. Three years and $469 plus tax for a piece of junk grill from Brinkmann in my opinion. My smaller Charbroil grill that I replaced was crappy looking, and wasn't stainless steel, but it lasted me a good 15 years.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Brinkmann 810-1750-S 5 Burner Gas Grill
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "I too experienced the same, mold, bugs and what appeared to be a moldy dead mouse or something large. The bag was not expired and my dogs too were..."
- "I was singled out with my daughter from riding scream roller coaster. She had already passed the first height check and then was yanked out of line before entering the..."
- "I placed the order in mid April after waiting for the item to become available and it stated it shipped April 27 but it wasnt delivered until May 13th damaged..."