Oh my God, the words escape me for how to describe Brinkmann's horrible customer service!
I bought an expensive Brinkmann charcoal grill a few years ago. This grill constantly rusts or breaks, so I have to order part after part after part. This in itself is aggravating, but when you factor in Brinkmann's HORRIBLE customer service, the aggravation level reaches record heights. I'm not fond of being hung up on when I have issues with a product, but that is what just happened.
I keep my grill covered at all times except for when I'm grilling (see picture). Even with that level of protection, the top of the hood is rusting out (see picture). And the charcoal grate that I've already replaced TWO times is again rusted to the point that I can no longer use the grill.
So, in preparation for the upcoming good weather and grilling opportunities, I order two charcoal grates on April 2. It was a backorder item with the ship date of May 3. Today, on May 11, I call to get the status of my order. Oops! Now the ship date is May 30! I expressed my frustration with the customer service rep who called me back (you can't call them and speak to them in the same call - you have to leave your number and maybe they'll call back, and maybe they won't ... I've had it both ways in the past) and only used one curse word - when he told me the new ship date, I said, "You have GOT to be sh*tting me!"
Then I asked to speak to someone up the food chain about this, and that's what got me a dial tone. Guess they expect the customers to just roll over and play dead when they provide abysmal customer service.
I tried their "pretend" customer chat function they refer to in their phone-answering message. It truly is pretend. I sent an IM to them and guess what? Knock, knock, nobody's home.
Dealing with this company and their inferior products just isn't worth it, since there are many other grill companies out there that actually want my business. I'm going to scrap this expensive piece of junk grill and by a new one. But this time will be different - I'll research before I buy, and WON'T buy from a two-bit company like Brinkmann again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality product
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Charcoal Grill
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought a pair of Columbia "Titanium" winter boots which feature a waterproof rubber front toe that is sewn to the leather upper material. The weak point of these boots..."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "Jessica Zamarron of Pink Sugar XO arrested for using stolen credit cards obtained by mail thieves Aret and Frances Frangulyan. They pilfered over 759 credit card statements in their..."
- "Bought a iPhone 6 128gb for 749.99 with fees came out to 800$ even had to do a down payment of 73 and some change. A month and a half..."
- "Pissed to receive a response from Miranda, one of the customer service of TB dress, on 28 Aug. She asked me to delete the review on the sitejabber and pissedconsumer..."
- "I am SO angry right now. I have 4 pictures I took immediately after getting my book from the mailbox. The package is totally RIPPED open. My book is torn,..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."