Oh my God, the words escape me for how to describe Brinkmann's horrible customer service!
I bought an expensive Brinkmann charcoal grill a few years ago. This grill constantly rusts or breaks, so I have to order part after part after part. This in itself is aggravating, but when you factor in Brinkmann's HORRIBLE customer service, the aggravation level reaches record heights. I'm not fond of being hung up on when I have issues with a product, but that is what just happened.
I keep my grill covered at all times except for when I'm grilling (see picture). Even with that level of protection, the top of the hood is rusting out (see picture). And the charcoal grate that I've already replaced TWO times is again rusted to the point that I can no longer use the grill.
So, in preparation for the upcoming good weather and grilling opportunities, I order two charcoal grates on April 2. It was a backorder item with the ship date of May 3. Today, on May 11, I call to get the status of my order. Oops! Now the ship date is May 30! I expressed my frustration with the customer service rep who called me back (you can't call them and speak to them in the same call - you have to leave your number and maybe they'll call back, and maybe they won't ... I've had it both ways in the past) and only used one curse word - when he told me the new ship date, I said, "You have GOT to be sh*tting me!"
Then I asked to speak to someone up the food chain about this, and that's what got me a dial tone. Guess they expect the customers to just roll over and play dead when they provide abysmal customer service.
I tried their "pretend" customer chat function they refer to in their phone-answering message. It truly is pretend. I sent an IM to them and guess what? Knock, knock, nobody's home.
Dealing with this company and their inferior products just isn't worth it, since there are many other grill companies out there that actually want my business. I'm going to scrap this expensive piece of junk grill and by a new one. But this time will be different - I'll research before I buy, and WON'T buy from a two-bit company like Brinkmann again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality product
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Charcoal Grill
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "For my 45th Birthday on December 20th, 2015 I bought myself a Brinkman grill. As a disabled veteran I was happy that I could afford a Brinkman....Man am I disappointed...."
- "I have been selling GreenSmoke e-cigs as an affiliate for approximately 3 years. Toward the end of December, I was contacted by GreenSmoke saying my affiliate account was to be..."
- "I ordered a 34" edc low profile belt from original soe gear that on their web site states; "These belts will adjust outward several inches but don't get much smaller..."
- "I've been getting calls for the last few days about a loan I had taken out with AWL. First Michelle Batemen calls with the same script as Patrick Stern claiming..."
- "Placed an order with little credit,therefore.I was requested a deposit of half the order cost. Paid for the item in advance a Craftan 14.95 that cost me 22.59 with all..."
- "After jumping though hoops to get the job I was ready for my first paycheck. I knew my direct deposit wouldn't be on for another week so i called..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."
- "Iherb.com very beautiful store. I love him.Products were true to descriptions and pictures. Shipping was quick, taking a total of 4 business days to receive without extra shipping costs (for..."