Oh my God, the words escape me for how to describe Brinkmann's horrible customer service!
I bought an expensive Brinkmann charcoal grill a few years ago. This grill constantly rusts or breaks, so I have to order part after part after part. This in itself is aggravating, but when you factor in Brinkmann's HORRIBLE customer service, the aggravation level reaches record heights. I'm not fond of being hung up on when I have issues with a product, but that is what just happened.
I keep my grill covered at all times except for when I'm grilling (see picture). Even with that level of protection, the top of the hood is rusting out (see picture). And the charcoal grate that I've already replaced TWO times is again rusted to the point that I can no longer use the grill.
So, in preparation for the upcoming good weather and grilling opportunities, I order two charcoal grates on April 2. It was a backorder item with the ship date of May 3. Today, on May 11, I call to get the status of my order. Oops! Now the ship date is May 30! I expressed my frustration with the customer service rep who called me back (you can't call them and speak to them in the same call - you have to leave your number and maybe they'll call back, and maybe they won't ... I've had it both ways in the past) and only used one curse word - when he told me the new ship date, I said, "You have GOT to be sh*tting me!"
Then I asked to speak to someone up the food chain about this, and that's what got me a dial tone. Guess they expect the customers to just roll over and play dead when they provide abysmal customer service.
I tried their "pretend" customer chat function they refer to in their phone-answering message. It truly is pretend. I sent an IM to them and guess what? Knock, knock, nobody's home.
Dealing with this company and their inferior products just isn't worth it, since there are many other grill companies out there that actually want my business. I'm going to scrap this expensive piece of junk grill and by a new one. But this time will be different - I'll research before I buy, and WON'T buy from a two-bit company like Brinkmann again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality product
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Charcoal Grill
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "INSTAFLEX Misleading Charge me on 8/02/2010 Unauthorized Charge DDL*INSTAFLEX 30DAY SP $74.98 12 days after recieving their trial product by mail. I did not authorize them to charge nor..."
- "I bought my 14KW in the summer of 2012. I told the dealer I was rebuilding my house after a "Fire" and I also said I was looking for something..."
- "It is amusing that people don't get plastic will melt in the summer heat and then blame their stupidity on a company. The scent circles contain oil and DO contain..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I just financed a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is about $700. The girl at the store said my payments would be $40 every 2 weeks which is fine. The very..."
- "I thought I had somehow infected my upper lip. My P.A. put me on oral antibiotic and a cream antibiotic. The condition worsened. I was..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."